- Firstly, you need a suitable building- ideally with good insulation values
- The site requires surveying and cooling loads calculated.
- Check that the power supplies are suitable for the cooling equipment.
- Identify suitable places to locate the internal AHU’s and external chillers
- Fit the equipment, allow ample time for testing before using the area
- Have the equipment serviced regularly for reliable operation.
In this instance, the client was looking to rent additional storage space for Christmas, valentines and Mothers day periods- typically in a two week window before.
Whilst the areas were partially insulated, no cooling equipment was fitted to maintain a required 4 degrees. These areas with a total of 17,000sq/ft required cooling.
Furthermore, due to lack of electrical capacity, power generation would be required. In terms of equipment, a lot was required due to the large areas and distances.