Temporary Building Cold Storage
Temporary building cold storage is a fast way to increase your cold storage capacity.
It could be that you have run short or need additional space for production peaks- ACR can quickly supply a structure and cooling system to maintain your cold chain at full capacity.
Our customers typically rent temporary structures for;
- Fast installation of additional space for increased production or storage capacity.
- Temporary increases in storage capacity for peaks without committing large amounts of capital to permanent buildings.
- Short term re-location for refurbishment or new builds.
- Flexible design- structures can be extended as required.
- Favourable planning permissions for company growth- permissions are only required after 28 days and of course structures are easily removed.
Temporary cold store buildings can be supplied by ACR at short notice to suite your businesses plans. Buildings are insulated with modern chiller equipment fitted for efficient, reliable operation.
Key features of our insulated temporary buildings supplied to our clients;
- Buildings are of modular design for construction on site.
- Buildings can be attached to existing buildings and supplied with lighting and roller doors.
- The main structure is manufactured in aluminium sections.
- Roofs are PVC Polyester envelopes that are inflated to provide good insulating properties.
- Polymer composite insulated wall panels are used providing a well insulated durable finish.
- Reliable chiller systems reliably maintain temperatures of 5 degrees and lower for cold storage applications.
Projects can be supplied with generators for full stand alone operation- full fuel management options are available for complete peace of mind.
How do we build a temporary cold store structure
Temporary buildings are supplied in modular form and are designed to be quickly constructed. All materials are delivered flat packed and are built up on site. The buildings are insulated and supplied with cooling equipment to maintain a given temperature.
In the short series of photos below the basic process is illustrated.
- Base plates are fixed to any good hard surface and the aluminium support sections fixed and lifted into position.
- The support sections are braced and the wall and roof panels fitted.
- Coolers are installed into the structure to maintain the space at the specified temperature. Insulated walls and the inflatable roof membrane improve efficiency.
- Glycol/ water chillers are fitted externally and connected with modular hosing systems to the internal AHU’s
Temporary building cold store case studies
Cold Store Rental Solution for a Major Potato Producer
This Temporary building with cooling system was installed for a major potato processor.